Wednesday, November 25, 2015

40 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

We are 40 weeks today! Your little body is about 15% fat, most of your vernix is gone (so your skin may be getting dry patches), and all systems are "GO!" for you to function outside of me! When you are born (whenever that may be), you'll only be able to focus on things about an inch from your face, but I think you'll recognize mine and your daddy's voices. I hope so, at least. We've been reading aloud to you each nigh from the book of Psalm, so if nothing else, you may recognize that.

I'm getting more and more uncomfortable, to be honest. My tummy makes it hard to bend over (even to put on my socks in the morning or roll over in the night). Other than that, I've had heartburn (especially at night), some Braxton Hicks contractions, and some sleepless nights.

40-Week Bump!
Big belly!
And one more :)

We are so excited to meet you, bug - and other people keep asking about you, too. Every morning, I get a text from Memaw asking how things are going... and every morning, I respond saying nothing has changed! 

Come soon! We love you!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment