Wednesday, November 18, 2015

39 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

39 weeks and officially full-term! You are due next Tuesday and we can't wait to have you in our arms. We are praying you come on Monday or Tuesday (that we can have you home for Thanksgiving!)... but alas, there's a few more things your little body needs to do to prepare, I guess.

At this stage of development, your lungs are still preparing for your first breath. Your brain is developing still. And you are at a healthy birth weight. In fact, on Monday, Donna said you probably weigh about 7 pounds, 6 ounces! What a big girl!

(Side note - And what a testimony to God's power! When we found out there was a cyst on my placenta and some bleeding, we were also told that may inhibit your growth. But here you are - many weeks later - and weighing in at over 7 pounds!! The Lord has grown you strong and healthy and we are so very thankful for that!)

My "growing" symptoms: back ache (in the middle of my back), sore pelvis when I walk, difficulty sleeping, and more heartburn.
Look how big you are getting, Ruth!
This dress has been my go-to this pregnancy!
It was crazy taking our picture today - your daddy and I talked about how this could be the last weekly photo we take with you on the inside!

We really are praying that you come on Monday or Tuesday, but also that you are strong and healthy, and that we have a quick and smooth labor and delivery. Your daddy is also praying that I will be prepared for it all.... mentally, physically, and emotionally!

We have everything ready at home, I think: our hospital bags are packed, your clothes are washed and put away, the diapers are ready to go, your cradle is made and laden with cozy blankets... now we just need YOU to bring home.

You were so funny tonight. As I read to you from Psalm, you got so active. Your daddy filmed my tummy as you rolled, stretched, and moved to the sound of my voice and the words of the Lord. You delight us. Thank you.

Love and see you soon, baby girl!
- Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment