Wednesday, November 11, 2015

38 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

Some people say you're full term now! How exciting! 30 weeks ago, I was afraid people were going to find out about you too soon... but now, there's no hiding that you're on your way!

At 38 weeks, all systems are "GO!" for you! Your lungs are stronger and your vocal chords are warming up for some good hearty wails when you enter the world. And, judging by the heartburn I've had, you could have up to an inch of hair on your little head! Wow! Good thing you have lots of headbands at home! Your body is shedding its vernix and lanugo and is in turn producing meconium.

As for me, I'm experiencing heartburn, a sore back, fatigue, and lots of emotions!
Growing Bump.

Bump Hug.

People at work are funny: I get comments about being a "jar of Prego", people asking why I'm still at the office, etc. I'm never sure what to say, so I usually just laugh awkwardly and walk away. I hope you have better social skills than me, baby girl!!

Last night at the breastfeeding class, we watched a video of babies being put on their mama's chests and scooting (or throwing or wiggling) their way down to the breast to nurse. Your daddy and I talked about whether or not how an infant reaches the breast is indicative of their personality and we wondered how you will get in position to nurse. Based on how wiggly you are in the evenings, we think you'll just throw yourself down there! But at the same time, you are so mellow and shy during our ultrasounds... I'm so excited to watch your little personality grow and grow.

Your daddy and I also discussed my maternity leave. I may start it on November 23rd (just a week and a half away!). I can't believe you can be here with us so soon, baby girl. Today, at our midwife appointment, we'll hear if my body has progressed at all in its preparations to meet you... I hope it has! I'm getting excited!

But hold in there as long as you want... the Lord knows all the days ordained for you, before one of them has come to be, and He will tell you "NOW!" when the time is right.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment