Thursday, November 26, 2015

40 Weeks, 1 Day

Dear Baby Batts,

I confess: We want you to come. So. Badly.

But at the same time, your daddy and I are loving these last few days together. We prayed for these last few, precious days, where our family is just the two of us. So we've filled our days:

Watching TV on Netflix.
Eating cheese toast for dinner.
Drinking sparkling cider from our wedding cups.
Walking laps around stores looking at every aisle, just to move.
Snuggling in the burrito in the early morning.
Wearing cozy socks.
Decorating for Christmas.
Playing Candy Crush.
Taking photos.

We're praying you come soon, baby girl... but what if these last few days are really an answer to prayer, as your daddy told me a few minutes ago? What if the Lord knows that we need these last few days, so He's giving them to us? His "baby shower gift", if you will.

I'll probably keep bouncing on my ball. I'll sneak in bites of pineapple when I can. But I'm also trying to slow it down - slow down you coming - so that I can love on your daddy the best I can. He's more important, anyway.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment