Saturday, November 7, 2015

37 Weeks, 3 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Happy weekend! Today was delightful - just what the doctor ordered!

The morning started out with a phone call from Janelle - she had a dream about me last night, and just wanted to call and see how we were doing. I sent her these updated baby bump pictures:

Saturday Bump Style 
Bump Bump.

Next, your daddy and I got your carseat bases installed! The Jeep took a couple tries, but was pretty simple - you are in the back seat in the middle. The truck was a little more difficult and took more trial and error... you have to ride shotgun in the truck! I'm glad we got it all sorted out though. The base and seat are in Jeep right now, anticipating your arrival!

After that, we ate a quick lunch at Taco Bell. Yummmm.

Then, we went home. Your daddy worked on homework and I made a Christmas present for you while watching "The Holiday." It was really relaxing.

Memaw is out of town visiting Blaire...
Mom and Blaire...

... so Papa came over tonight! After dinner (chicken wrapped in bacon and veggies), we played Rummy, ate ice cream, and just chatted:
Reraxing in the living room.

Ruth, the Lord has given your papa such insight into the need to be prepared for emergencies. His favorite saying is, "It's better to have and not need that need and not have." And there were times growing up when I thought it was a little extreme... but I have so much respect now for how he plans ahead and encourages others to do to the same. He wants to get some things in place at FLBC so that we are prepared for emergencies and can assist church members when needed. I really encouraged him to do so, knowing that not everyone shares his same passion.

We'll get to encourage you in your God-given passions and talents soon, too. I'm excited to see what they are and how the Lord uses them. I pray you grow into the woman He desires for you to be, little one.

Thanks for relaxing with me today - your tummy tickles and strong legs make me laugh.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment