Sunday, November 15, 2015

38 Weeks, 4 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Today was (maybe) one of our last Sundays without you in our arms! I know everyone is so excited to meet you... and we are too. Soon and very soon, we'll be standing in worship and sitting during the sermon just cradling you in our arms rather than in my tummy... and just in time for Christmas!

I think this Christmas will be special, and not just because it will be our first as a family of three. I think I will see Christmas in a new way - God sent his only Son to the world as a vulnerable baby. And I'll have a little vulnerable baby with me, too. I already can't imagine purposefully sending you to a people who will eventually mock and kill you... but that's what the Lord did. Out of His great love and mercy, He sent Christ to us. As a babe. Born in a barn.

Unfathomable.

But praise Him for it.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment