Tuesday, November 17, 2015

38 Weeks, 6 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Date Night!! As soon as I got home from work, we listened to your heart for a few minutes then headed out on our date night! One of mine and your daddy's favorite date nights is going to WalMart with $5 or $10 each, walking around together, then splitting up and buying each other a present. We meet back at the front of the store, exchange gifts, then usually grab an icecream at McDonald's before we go home.

So that's what we did tonight! We each got $10 to spend, so after walking around and looking at everything, we split up. Your daddy bought me some yarn (so pretty and soft and chunky! I'm going to make something for myself with - which I rarely do these days!), some peppermint hot cocoa, and some nail polish. I bought him a red toy truck model (similar to his Ford F150), some new sticky notes, and some hot cocoa also!

We decided to eat dinner at McDonald's, since it was right there in Walmart, and we exchanged gifts over some chicken sandwiches, fries, and root beer.... then we went to the movies!

The "Peanuts" movie came out recently, so we decided (kind of on a whim this weekend) to go see it. We rarely see movies in the theater, but this is the second one we've seen in less than a month!
Your cute daddy and the Peanuts gang!

That's me!
At first, we were the only ones in the theater (which was awesome) but then more families came in. We had a great time eating chocolate-covered cookie dough and peanut M&Ms. And the movie was sooooo cute, Ruth! I think you liked it, too - you got so wiggly toward the end (and made me feel so wiggly, too!). I love how they used both 3D art and classic "cartoon" art to make the movie. It really kept the spirit of "Peanuts" alive!

We went home after the movie, relaxed, and just enjoyed the end of our date night together. 

I'm so glad your daddy and I were able to sneak in some more time together before you come... but we want you to come soon! 

Lots of hugs and kisses,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment