Saturday, November 28, 2015

40 Weeks, 3 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Still not interested in coming? It's warm outside now! Almost all the snow has melted and the roads are nearly dry. You've got to be out of room by now... and judging by how you continue to push your butt and feet out, you're getting close to being completely squished in there.

Memaw and I went shopping again today, thinking that all that walking would help you squiggle down in there more. We went to the Colony High School Craft Fair, JoAnns, lunch at House of Bread, the Lego store, and Target. I bought the rest of your daddy's stocking stuffers, some wrapping paper, fabric, and a present for our Sunday School class Christmas party.

But still you didn't come!

We saw a lot of people we knew at the craft fair. And each of them asked, "When are you due?!" I told them, "Last week...." and they all laughed a little and gave me a sympathetic smile.

I do want you to come, baby girl, but as I think about it, I'll probably miss your inside wiggles, too. You feel like nothing I've ever felt before: there is LIFE inside of me. Life that the Lord created from one piece each of your daddy and me. The Lord transformed those two pieces into YOU and I get to feel you before anyone gets to hold you!

I think this Christmas will feel extra special to me - and not just because you'll be here. As I reflect on the Christmas story - of Christ leaving heaven to become a baby, of Joseph looking for a safe and warm place for the Son of Man to be born, of Mary cradling Love and Eternity in her arms in a manger - I think I'll reflect a lot on this special time with you: you becoming a baby. Your daddy seeking to protect us. Me cradling you in my arms.


It is the most wonderful time of the year, little one. I'm glad you'll be here with us for it.

Love and all my prayers,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment