Tuesday, November 10, 2015

37 Weeks, 6 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

I had a long conversation with some ladies at work today about breastfeeding... and how hard it is.... and how painful it is! So needless to say, I was a little wary when your daddy and I went to our breastfeeding class tonight at the hospital.

But the instructor (who helped install your carseats last weekend AND taught our childbirth class) said that, while breastfeeding may be uncomfortable, it shouldn't hurt. If it does, it's probably because of a poor latch.

So now I feel better knowing that.

I'm so thankful that our pediatrician has a lactation consultant on staff to help address and alleviate any issues that come up as I feed you. And I'm thankful that our insurance provided a breast pump so that you can continue to drink my milk when I return to work. The Lord is so good to work out even little things.

Also, why have you started getting so wiggly at about 9:00pm?! The last two nights you have just moved and bumped and wiggled and danced around my tummy! It's a little uncomfortable, baby girl, but I also love it. So feel free to keep going, as long as you let me sleep a little, too.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment