Wednesday, November 4, 2015

37 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

At 37 weeks, you are now the size of a large cantaloupe... though when I feel your baby butt on one side of my tummy and a little foot pushing on the other, I imagine this "large cantaloupe" has to have pretty lengthy arms and legs! This week, you're getting some antibodies from me to prepare to fight germs outside my tummy, your fingers have more dexterity (are you grabbing onto that cyst now?!), and you may even be sucking your thumb!

I feel you wiggling down low these days - I think I sometimes feel your head moving side-to-side down between my hips. And according to the doctor yesterday, you are indeed pretty low in there! (In fact, she was able to feel your head with her fingers during my exam - that's crazy!). 

I've had heartburn, difficulty sleeping, and a very forgetful brain lately. But you are growing more and more, so by consequence, I am too:

It was difficult, trying to zip this hoodie!
Already in my pajamas :) 

It's so funny - this week, within about 30 minutes, some people told me, "You look tiny!" and others told me, "You look huge!" I'm not sure which was to take it... all I know is that it's mroe and more difficult to pick things up off the floor, zip my clothes and coats, and get out of bed in the morning. Sometimes your daddy has to help with all those things (and I know he wishes I would ask him to help more; he doesn't like seeing me try to do it all myself.).

Tonight, we spent Bible study preparing for the Fall Festival and Winter Clothing Drive. We sorted clothes, made signs, decorated boxes for the bean bag toss, put yarn on bubble containers, and prayed that things would go smoothly. Just a couple more days and this, too, will be behind us. It's the last big thing before you come and I'm excited to put myself on "bed rest" this weekend to recuperate!

Auntie Jade's birthday is in one week and Uncle Jeff's birthday is in 5 days... then you're birthday will be here soon, too! Keep growing, Ruth - can't wait to meet you soon!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment