Saturday, November 14, 2015

38 Weeks, 3 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

What a fun day we had today!

Memaw and I went into Anchorage for a craft show. The craft show was big and we had fun walking around, talking, and just being together. I had a lot of people ask me when you are due... and quite a few people said I looked "great" or "tiny." I guess I'll take it?!

Craft shows are one of my favorite things of the holiday season. I love walking around and seeing the crafty things people can make. There were some really cute stuffed Santa Claus figurines with snowshoes wearing plaid and carrying bags of gifts. I wanted to buy one for your daddy but they were way too expensive... sad. There were also a cute nativity scene made from peg dolls, but that was too expensive, also! We did end up getting you some presents - a pair of fabric Cowboy Boots and a polar fleece car seat cover.

Then we went to Aunty Hannah's baby shower! Little baby Kennedy will arrive in January and it is so much fun that Hannah and I are expecting our first babies together... we've been friends since second grade! Hannah and Brandon are going to be great parents. I hope you and their baby grow up to be friends, too.
Bump to Bunmp.

Friend Bumps!

After the baby shower (PS - I won the game where we had to guess how big Hannah's belly is - I have very recent experience with that!), your daddy and I toured the hospital. We saw the rooms where we'll deliver, the nursery, the tub room, the C-section room, the waiting room... it's so weird to think that you'll enter the world there in no more than 3 weeks! (If you don't come any sooner, they'll induce me on December 5th.) It felt... surreal. And exciting!

Your daddy and I just relaxed after the tour: we watched some shows on Netflix and hung out together. Not many more evenings like that for us!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment