Saturday, October 24, 2015

35 Weeks, 3 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

I am exhausted. I'm not even kidding, little girl! But I'm also so blessed and encouraged.

Ms. Linda and I have been planning the Women's Day Time Retreat since this summer and we finally saw it through to completion today! Here was our schedule:

  • 9:00am - meet at FLBC for Session 1: The World (taught by me) and breakfast
  • 10:30am - travel to Dawn's house for Session 2: The Country (taught by Dawn) and a service project
  • 12:30pm - travel to Gayle's house for Session 3: The Church (taught by Gayle) and lunch
  • 2:30pm - travel to FLBC for Session 4: The Family (taught by Memaw) and a fellowship activity
  • 5:30pm - travel to Ms. Linda's for Session 5: Yourself (taught by Ms. Linda) and dinner
  • 7:00pm - travel to FLBC for dessert!
The whole day focused on being aware, prayer, and redemption in those realms. We had between 13 and 19 women at any given time and really enjoyed just driving around, studying the word, praying, and having fellowship together. 

The highlight for me: A reminder to not just sit idly by while ground is relinquished to Satan in my family. Your daddy is a wonderful leader to me (and will be to you) but I wanted us to be more intentional in the time we spend together in God's word. So this weekend, we are beginning a regular Bible study time, in addition to the time we spend together in prayer. I'm so so excited to grow with your daddy in this way and I am excited that you will grow up seeing us do it together.

Here's some pictures from the day:
Ms. Linda drove us all in the church van!

Eating dinner with Aunty Juliet, Aunt Betty, and Lesley.

There was a full rainbow in the sky!

These women, Ruthie, are so fun and so love the Lord. I'm thrilled you get to grow up with some of them as examples on how to live, just like I did.

I love you so!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment