Friday, October 16, 2015

34 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

What a surprising day! I was sitting at my desk at work this morning when all of a sudden, I turned around and GRANDMA LYNDA was standing there holding a raspberry mocha for me! I kept exclaiming, "Grandma! Grandma!" and she laughed.... Grandma, Aunt Kendra, and two of my cousins (Clinton and Sami) flew up to surprise me for the baby shower tomorrow!
Surprise!!!!!!!!!

Even more surprising? Memaw arranged for me to have the day off work! So I packed up my things, we piled in the truck, and we drove up to Talkeetna for the day.
Sami and Clinton on a snowmachine. 
A moose kissing Sami.
Beautiful mountains on the drive up.

We walked around the little town, looked in gift shops, ate a quick lunch at a local cafe (and the only open restaurant, from what we could tell), and drove back down in time for my 4:00pm haircut. Just chatting in the car, laughing, and walking around was wonderful and I can't wait to celebrate you with them tomorrow!

Baby girl, I could not believe they flew up to show their support of me and you during this sweet time! Aunt Kendra hasn't been up to Alaska since 1983 and this is Grandma's first trip since our wedding, almost two years ago. Grandma was surprised by the trip - she didn't know about it until last Sunday, when they gave her the itinerary for her birthday! I'm so looking forward to a whole weekend with them!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment