Tuesday, September 1, 2015

27 Weeks, 6 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

You and I had a busy night last night, didn't we?! We picked up our laundry basket, cooked dinner and ate with your daddy, said goodbye to him as he went to class, and got to work! We put up some fall decorations, did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen, prepped the nursery / study / guest room for Auntie Jade to come (on Wednesday!!!!!), crocheted some on your Christmas stocking, made a (very long) grocery list, planned some meals for this week, and scrubbed the shower.

I was tired but feeling so motivated by the time we climbed into bed after your daddy got home!

You took advantage of that quiet time in bed by performing your own acrobats and darling, you sure had me laughing! I could watch my tummy move as you moved and tumbled around in there, squirming to get comfy, then stretching out and turning over again. Your daddy asked me, "What does it feel like when she moves inside?" and I wasn't sure how to explain it. Finally, I said, "Imagine you're trapped in a balloon and you're moving around to stretch it out and make room. That's what it feels like."

This morning, you were wiggly all over again. I told your daddy, "I think Ruth will be a morning person like you!" and he got excited. I'm picturing the two of you bonding and cuddling over his cup of coffee and your bottle of breast milk while I sleep in for another hour!

Looking forward to having you in my arms in about three months!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment