Wednesday, September 23, 2015

31 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

Last night, laying in bed with your daddy, I felt your elbow (or foot or something!) moving sharply across my side, just below my ribs. I yelped, your daddy looked, and I exclaimed, "I felt that move!" At 31 weeks, you are getting stronger and stronger and your mama sure notices it! (I love it. I love laying in bed, watching you tumble and move. I love being able to feel where part of you is, even though I can't always tell what part it is!)

This week, your lungs are developing more as you prepare for your first big cry and deep breaths. Your little body is plumping up, the hair covering your body is shedding, and you can turn your head from side to side - good practice for nursing in a couple months! Your little brain is developing like crazy - which is why your daddy and I read to you often, sing you songs, and talk to you.

Meanwhile, I've had leg cramps at night that wake me up! Last night, there was one in my foot AND in my lower calf. Weird. My midwife said some time ago to eat 2-3 servings of calcium during the day, so I'm trying that now. I've also been eating lots of mints at work.... but I haven't really had any odd cravings. Which is good - I'm not sure my growing tummy could handle icecream and pickles right now.
I. Love. This. Shirt. So cozy!!

Big bump!


I think you like the spicy foods I've been eating - the soup we had last night had some kick to it... and you sure did, too, when we laid down to sleep!

Oh silly girl - I love you! Can't wait to hold you and cuddle you.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment