Wednesday, September 30, 2015

32 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

Just (about) eight more weeks! At 32 weeks this week, you are almost ready to make your debut! All of your organs are developed and your lungs are getting a workout as you inhale amniotic fluid. Your fingernails are all developed (and toe nails aren't far behind) and they say you sleep 90-95% of the time. Based on how active you've been lately, I'm not so sure I believe them...

Bump shots:
This gray shirt? One of the comfiest I own!

Round.

It's so funny - when I lay down on my back at night, I can feel you settling in, spreading out some, and getting comfy. When I turn onto my side to sleep, I feel you slide over to the left then seem to brace yourself up against my side! It's like you're saying, "Whoa! What's going on?! I have to get re-positioned now!" It takes you a few minutes to settle back down. Then, when I move or swap sides, I often feel you moving around, too. At almost 4 pounds and about 19 inches long, I'm not surprised it takes you a while to get comfy in those cramped quarters!

Your daddy asked me, "What does it feel like when she moves?" I had him hold out his hand and I poked it a little and said, "Imagine that... but from the inside." It's a feeling that I've never experienced, that I don't know how to explain, but that I love. Feeling you move (and seeing you move!) never ceases to amaze me. Lately, I've been able to pinpoint a little better what body part I'm feeling - often a foot or hand, I think. Sometimes when you kick my side, I rub that place a little and feel you moving around more.

Before we know it, you'll be moving in my arms rather than my tummy. This time has passed so quickly, Ruthie, and we can't wait to welcome you into our family.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment