Thursday, September 17, 2015

30 Weeks, 1 Day

Dear Baby Batts,

You have been so active today! Countless times while sitting in meetings or at my desk, I've just watched you roll and tumble in my tummy. I'll put my hand on you and you'll squirm underneath, pushing against me with a hand, foot, or elbow. I grin and can hardly pay attention any more! This morning, while laying next to your daddy, you kept nudging him, too. I'm glad we could both feel you today. Keep it up! You delight your mama's heart.

Last night, your daddy and I were up way too late playing guitars together. We hadn't done that in far too long - the guitars were dusty! I felt you moving some; I think you liked us playing and singing together. I know your daddy is thrilled to get to teach you to play one day.
Such talent!

Your cousin Lincoln got a guitar for his birthday. I'm sure your daddy is planning to get you one, too - maybe pink or purple with an "R" for "Ruth" on it. Until then, we'll keep playing for you.

Christmas is only 99 days away! Excited to celebrate with you this year. I have to finish your stocking before too long so that it's ready to go... and we want to be DONE with Christmas shopping by early November. I know your daddy has started buying my presents already. We each get 4 this year: Something we want, something we need, something we'll wear, and something we'll read. Plus stocking stuffers :)

Okay, baby girl. Keep rocking and rolling in my tummy! I love it.

And I love you.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment