Wednesday, September 9, 2015

29 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

During my quiet time this morning, sitting in our big chair wrapped in our red cozy blanket, I felt you nudging my side with your elbow or hand. What were you thinking, little one? Do you know what I do in this mornings? How I bring you before the Lord, praying for you to be a woman who follows Him and dedicates her life to His service?

Today we are 29 weeks along. You weigh almost three pounds and are about 17 inches long! I can't wait to go to visit the doctor next week and have another ultrasound to check things out and (hopefully) see your little face. I haven't felt you hiccuping yet, but I do feel you moving a lot. It's hard to sit in meetings with a straight face when my daughter is dancing away in my belly! Your bones are getting harder (is that why I can feel you more now?) so I've got to consume lots of calcium in the coming weeks!

Here's the bump this week:
More and more people are mentioning the bump.

Still no "outie" belly button.

I walked into our apartment last night and there was a big box on the couch from your Aunt Holly. She sent up some of your cousin Katie's things for you to have. The sweetest sleepers, dresses, and sweaters were included in the box that was stuffed to the brim. It will be fun to take photos of you in them and send them down to Aunt Holly to see.

I'm trying to be more consistent in my workouts to be better prepared to bring you into this world. I've heard that labor and delivery is a marathon, not a sprint, so I'm trying to plan accordingly... But I'm also praying that it goes quickly and doesn't drag out for too long.

I guess it's also time to start thinking about what to take to the hospital to welcome you, what else we need for your nursery (finish the cradle, get a mattress and sheets, etc.), and nursing clothes for me. Just 11 more weeks (give or take)!

Love you, little one.
- Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment