Wednesday, August 26, 2015

27 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

Oh, little Ruth. You are growing like a weed! At 27 weeks, you are over a foot long and more than two pounds. Gotta pack on some more weight in the coming weeks, but it's a big change from where you were 23 weeks ago, when we found out about you! What a cool journey you've been on.

As you grow bigger, I do too - one woman at work mentioned that I was really showing now! And people at church tonight did, too. One person at church asked how big you were now, so I showed him with my hands. He looked from my hands to my tummy as if to say, "How does she fit in there?!" I told him that you like to be scrunched up in a ball, knees to the forehead.
I made your daddy take this photo three times before I approved.

Getting bigger!
You can hear (and maybe recognize) my voice and your daddy's voice. This is evidenced by how active you got last night, laying in bed, as I sang every Sunday School song I could think of from my youth. Your daddy and I loved having our hands on my tummy as you wiggled, squirmed, and flipped around.

Your daddy and I want to be all done with Christmas shopping by the time you come, so last night, we took inventory of what presents we'd already collected and purchased a couple more things. I can't wait to celebrate Christmas with you this year! I'm going to work on your stocking soon so that we know it's all done in plenty of time. I'm also brainstorming presents for your daddy. He loves Christmas!

I'm so tired today! I wanted to lay in bed as long as possible this morning, curled up next to your daddy, but work beckoned. I didn't finish my coffee before it got too lukewarm / cold, so maybe I'll grab some this afternoon. It's chilly today - rainy - and I have my heater on, so a warm drink might be nice right about now! Hope you like raspberry tea...

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment