Saturday, August 8, 2015

24 Weeks, 3 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

We spent the day at the Blueberry Festival in Alyeska with Memaw, Papa, Fred, and Betty! The weather was cool, but sunny. The food was yummy (we had blueberry empanadas!). But the blueberry picking was dismal. Your daddy and I got maybe half a cup of blueberries. But here's some pictures:
Empty Buckets, Full Hears.
Alyeska Resort, nestled in the mountains.

Alyeska is a really special place to us - it's where we spent our honeymoon! Of course, it looks totally different in the winter, but we love the hotel, the mountains, the drive down, everything. We're really excited, Ruth, because our family is spending a few days there at Christmas, too! You'll be just a month old, but we can't wait to show you what it's like in the winter.

We had a scare with you while blueberry picking that cast a shadow over the day: Some grass was covering a deep hole and when I stepped near a bush, I fell into the hole. There was mud in the bottom of it that covered my leg to my knee and the hole itself went to my mid-thigh. Praise the Lord, I didn't lean forward onto you, but rather fell to the side. Your daddy helped me out, but I was so scared I'd hurt you - especially after our appointment this week - that I just sat on the grass for a little while to see if I felt you moving. I didn't. I moved up by the chairlift and sat on a bench, counting kicks until I felt several. By that time, Memaw, Papa, Fred, and Betty discovered there were no more berries to be found, so we trekked down the mountain. You wiggled some on the way home, then more at dinner (Mexican Food!) so I tried not to be too worried. 

But little one - the thought that something could happen to you is nearly crippling. I trust that the Lord is protecting you and I am trying not to fear the unknown. 

Keep growing. Keep kicking!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment