Wednesday, August 5, 2015

24 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

Today. I saw a picture of a baby born premature - at 24 weeks - and I thought, "Wow, soon my baby will look like that." Then I realized that my baby DOES look like that! You are 24 weeks today, little one, and the cutest thing I have ever seen (via ultrasound).

You're getting fatter - at about 1.5 lbs this week! - and your body will continue filling out until you arrive in 16 weeks. SIXTEEN WEEKS! You're about 8 and a half inches long (soon you wouldn't fit on a ruler). You can hear things better: my voice, your daddy's voice, singing in church, fun talk around the campfire last night at the Hoffman's, and your grandpa's voice discussing recent events. But the thing that amazes me the most is that this week, your brain activity is similar to that of a newborn. You can form conscious thoughts and possible memories. I don't know what you're thinking - possibly, "Mmm, that's yummy!" when I eat mints at work or maybe "Are you okay, mama?" when I cough for the tenth time today. I'm sure at yesterday's appointment, you were thinking, "That hurts! Stop jabbing that ultrasound wand into my head!"

... or maybe it was me thinking, "That hurts! Stop jabbing that ultrasound wand into my pelvis!" Either way.

A coworker said today that I am "adorably pregnant." Yay. Thanks, little one, for making me more adorable day after day. I think YOU'RE the adorable one in this setup. Here are some new baby bump shots:

Side shot!
Front shot!
Love you to the moon,
Mama

PS - here's an extra picture your daddy snapped while I was fixing my hair. Getting it cut again on Sunday in an effort to grow it out.
Dat bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment