Tuesday, August 25, 2015

26 Weeks, 6 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Honestly, drinking the Fruit Punch for my glucose test was not bad at all... which is good, because the lab called today and said I need to redo the test; the mixed up my results! Oops. Your daddy picked up a new bottle today and I'll do it soon.

The appointment with Donna went well yesterday. You are measuring right on track now - at 27 weeks - and I gained weight while eating Grandma's home cooking! Oh little one, we are almost to the third trimester! Donna mentioned looking for a pediatrician, touring the hospital, writing our birth plan... this is all becoming so close and so real!

We have so much to do to prep for your arrival still:

  • Paint your cradle (your daddy and I are picking out a color during our date night tonight and hope to get that done this weekend!)
  • Get a mattress and sheets for the cradle
  • Finish your toy chest (again, maybe this weekend?)
  • Bring your dresser home
  • Wash all your baby clothes
  • Sort baby clothes and put them away
  • Organize and decorate your nursery (which will also be the study and guest room - Aunty Jade is coming up in September and will sleep in there!)
  • Put your cradle in our bedroom (and organize our bedroom!)
  • Install the carseat in the Jeep
I'm thankful we still have (in theory) 13 weeks, just because of this to-do list! I want it all ready for you, Ruth, when you get here. So wish us luck for a productive weekend!

Last night, I laid in bed while your daddy was in class. I read you a book and sang some songs that I know. You wiggled around quite a bit, seeming happy to just be listening to my voice. And even today, sitting at work, I feel you nudging me and saying hello. I love these moments.

But I love you more.
- Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment