Friday, August 28, 2015

27 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Let's do a week in review! Some highlights (and low lights) from our week:

1. I wore one of my new dresses (that Grandma and I bought!) to church on Sunday and received lots of compliments. Ms. Linda and I took a picture together.
Me and Ms. Linda

2. The Jeep got a dent in the bumper! We aren't actually sure when... or how... but sure enough, there it is. We might be able to pop it back out with the help of a heat gun... or we may be able to replace just the end cap. But rest assured, Ruth - Jeeps are safe and your carseat will be secure inside the Beast!
Sad dent in the bumper.

3. Your daddy and I had a fun date night - we spent lots of money at WalMart on a wireless router, external hard drive, printer ink, and more. We bought all those necessities that your daddy needs to be successful this semester! He's really enjoying his classes so far, by the way. He's so smart and so dedicated to his work. I hope you work as hard as he does in life.

4. Memaw, Ms. Linda, and I met at Cold Stone last night for icecream... which turned out to be my dinner! Don't tell my midwife. It was a fun, relaxing time talking about life, you, and the registries your daddy and I have created (one at Target and one on Amazon!). It's so weird trying to register for things when we have no idea what you will want or like. But Memaw suggested we register for some baby camping supplies, bike seats, etc. so that next summer, we can take you adventuring with us. Brilliant!

5. I successfully consolidated my craft supplies into one tote last night. That leaves more room in your closet for your baby things!

6. Feeling you twist and turn in my tummy this morning while I laid in bed = two thumbs up. I'll confess, Ruth, that I often pray to feel you moving, just so that I know you're okay in there. And when you do start to wriggle, it's the best feeling ever.

We're looking forward to a busy, productive weekend that hopefully includes rearranging your nursery, painting your furniture, and selling ALL THE THINGS at our second yard sale!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment