Monday, August 10, 2015

24 Weeks, 5 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

We had an exhausting day today, didn't we?! I was in charge of the Secretary In-Service at work, so we spent the whole day running around, teaching breakout sessions, setting things up, and more! You were a trooper and I loved feeling you kick throughout the day.

You were sticking out quite a bit, so you're hardly a secret now. So many of my sweet secretary friends asked (and gushed!) about you, offered their congratulations, and were so genuinely excited. Having that support network is so nice.

You must have been exhausted when I got home, though. I was finally able to sit down and relax and couldn't feel you moving. After my fall on Saturday, I was real worried, so I read aloud to you until I woke you up and you started kicking. Thank you, little one, for showing me you're still there.

Later tonight, your daddy and I were lying in bed. He put his ear down to hear your heartbeat (and he did!!!) but you swiftly moved out of the way. He tried following you around my tummy, but each time he got close to you, you squiggled away again! We had such a delightful time playing "Chase Ruthie"!

I told your daddy that I can't wait to see what your personality is like as you grow up - you're so shy with the doctors during ultrasounds, but so playful with us! You seem to like your space and your quiet time, just like your mama. And you like to sleep curled up in a ball, just like me. I hope you get your daddy's singing voice though - when he sings to you, you like to wiggle around and when I do, you rarely move at all!

I love you, my sweet daughter, and I pray for your daily.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment