Tuesday, June 30, 2015

18 Weeks, 6 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Yesterday's appointment was a dream. We heard your heartbeat - so strong, so loud! It was between 145 and 148 BPM and Donna said that if your daddy puts his ear on my tummy, he may even be able to hear it! I was down 2+ pounds from my last appointment, but was told that's okay. And I measured at 17 weeks, not almost 19 weeks, but I guess that's okay, too.

It was so nice hearing your heartbeat again. I told Donna, "That never gets old!" and she said, "I've been doing this for 38 years and you're right - it NEVER gets old!"

We scheduled our anatomy scan for July 13th. Less than 2 weeks away, now! We were even told that we can get a DVD copy of the scan, so we're going to do that, too. Yay!

Last night, I ended up in bed before your daddy. He was finishing homework and I was reading. Then all of a sudden, those new butterflies erupted in my tummy and I could feel you moving! It was magical.

Today, you've been moving even more - I've felt you off and on all day, sometimes just little whirling sensations and sometimes an intentional prod. It's so special, to be the only one who knows what you feel like from the inside. I can't wait for your daddy to feel your little moves, too, but until then, you get to be all mine. I just keep grinning and I don't think I'll ever get used to this sensation... nor do I want to! Feeling you move is confirmation that you are growing strong and healthy. You are moving and grooving. Whether you are our little ballerina or karate kid, I'm thrilled that you're ours.

Keep it up, little one! Work those muscles so you can be strong and healthy when you appear on the scene.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment