Wednesday, June 17, 2015

17 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

We are 17 weeks today! You are the size of my hand... just a few short weeks ago, you were the size of my pinky fingernail!!! I'm in awe. The Lord is so good to be knitting you together, making you a complete being in just 40 weeks. Perhaps it's pregnancy emotions or perhaps I'm just being sappy, but I'm getting choked up at the miracle of it. We are praying for you daily - to grow strong and healthy, to know the Lord as your Savior.

Your fingerprints are forming and you're startled by loud noises now. I sang to you this morning and I'm excited hat you'll soon be able to distinguish my voice from all others. You're the only one who will have heard my voice from the inside.

Someone told me today that I'm not showing very much for being 17 weeks pregnant. It made me a little sad, but I'm wearing a maternity shirt today (my pink peasant-style one) so that's probably why they can't tell. I also fit into my black skinny jeans, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to wear them! They feel tight around my tummy.



I ordered two new things on Amazon today: this belly band and these shoes. It's been so hot lately (in the 80s and 90s!) that I though they'd be great for the rest of the summer...plus I got Amazon gift cards for graduation. :)

Tonight we have church - my ladies and I are reading "Redeeming Love" and the book of Hosea together. I can't wait to meet with them and chat!

Love you, little one - keep growing!
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment