Monday, June 26, 2017

38 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts #2,

38 Weeks! Anytime within the next 4 weeks, you will make your appearance. I told daddy today, "This time next month, Clara will be here!" Not only will you be here, you'll be at least one week old! Hooray!

You probably weigh close to seven pounds (or more!) and are likely nearly 20 inches long. At all of my appointments recently you've been measuring right on target (yay!). You have a firm grasp now and will be able to hold onto our fingers when you are born.

I am sleeping better now (mostly because daddy took our box spring off and rebuilt the platform under our bed), but I wake up once or twice each night to go to the bathroom. Sometimes I get leg cramps, which hurt a lot. And heartburn is a constant nightly occurrence, no matter what I do or don't eat. So I'm really just eating what I want, knowing it will come anyway! I'm still walking at work, though my times vary greatly. Today I walked outside (instead of my customary 15 laps inside) and it was a nice change. Last week, my fastest time inside was 17:11 and my slowest was 21:44 - it all depends on how you are nestled inside.

We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow again.

This weekend, we got your room ready! We organized your pictures, moved in the tall shelf / dresser, and stashed your clothes in the closet and drawers. I still want to clean off the top shelf in your closet (and move the diapers up there) and get the floor of your closet organized. But we're so much closer to you being here now! Your bed is already set up in our room, and I may go ahead and put a sleeper and swaddler in it so it's prepped for you.

We can't wait to meet you, Clara. You are our biggest next adventure.

Hugs, kisses, and cuddles,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment