Monday, June 19, 2017

37 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts #2,

37 Weeks! Eek! You can come any time now... and we would welcome you with open arms! At 37 weeks, you can smile and keep working out those little facial muscles to be ready for every yawn, cry, and grin. Your fingernails are probably extended past the end of your little fingers and you likely have some hair on your little head.

I felt pretty nauseous the last couple of days (which daddy said happened with Ruth, too, but I don't remember). But ooh! I had a prenatal massage today (a birthday present from Gma Linda) and it was so nice! For 60 minutes, I just laid with cozy pillows, in a dark-lit room that smelled lovely, and felt my muscles relax. I didn't have to think or worry about work, or drama, or stress, or anything. Happy.

I also got off work early and met Kristina for chai today; we had fun just chatting and catching up on life. That was nice.

Well, little girl... at 37 weeks, you are welcome to come anytime you're ready. I was reminded that the Lord knows all of your days... and especially the first one! I've been thinking about how before you were formed in my womb, the Lord knew you. I don't know how - how can He know someone who does not yet exist?! - but He did. I praise Him for that, for your little life that is growing inside of me.

XOXO,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment