Wednesday, June 7, 2017

35 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts #2,

We are less than 5 weeks out from your due date... and to be honest, I feel very unprepared!

We took a birthing class with Ruth, read lots of books and articles, and generally fixed our minds on birth. But with you, we haven't done that!

Oh, we've been praying, Clara - praying every day for a quick and smooth labor and delivery, for it to be done naturally, for there to be no need for interventions. We've been praying for God to be glorified in it, for my body to endure.

But sometimes Satan likes to whisper nasty messages about how this time will be worse. How I can't do it. How it'll be too hard and I'll be too tired or too sick.

And I have to remind myself that he's wrong. That he is lying. That God is able, even if I am not.

I'm going to add some new scripture cards to my stack for us to read through with each contraction. That helped so much when I was laboring with Ruth and I'm really looking forward to using them again with you. I love that we brought you into this world surrounded in prayer and scripture.

I'm also hoping to use my prenatal massage gift certificate from Gma Linda sometime this month - probably closer to the end of the month so that I am relaxed... hopefully! :)

XOXO,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment