Saturday, June 17, 2017

36 Weeks, 5 Days

Dear Baby Batts #2,

Today was Kelleen's baby shower at church! Ms. Lesley and I have been planning it for weeks and it was fun to see our ideas come to fruition. It was a "Showered with Love" theme, so we decorated with an umbrella, rain boots, rain drops, sunshines.... it was so cute!

My favorite part was the time of prayer we had - everyone gathered around Kelleen and we just laid hands on her and prayed. I prayed for her delivery, especially. That is a hard thing, Clara, and we mamas have to rely on the Lord's strength to get through it. Nothing else will do as well.

This morning, before the shower, daddy and Ruth and I went out to breakfast. We just swung into McDonalds and had a quick bite before grocery shopping, but it was so nice to just get out and have a little meal together. It was relaxing. As we walked Ruth out to the car, a nice gentleman said these are the best days - young kids, young family. And baby girl, I think he's right: you on my inside, safe and cozy, and Ruth on the outside, wild and free. But the days when you are on the outside will be even better.

I love you to the moon. I pray you are continuing to grow strong and healthy, that you are continuing to develop as you should, and that in the Lord's timing, I will have strength to deliver you well.

Love love love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment