Sunday, June 11, 2017

35 Weeks, 6 Days

Dear Baby Batts #2,

What a weekend! I feel like a little recap is in order:

Friday, I worked and headed right home afterwards to get ready for College & Career. We had 7 people over and continued our study of knowing God's will. Tonight, we talked about how it is God's will for us to see him, believe, and be saved! We also talked about how observing Communion is a way for us to reflect on Christ's "bread body" and "wine blood" that He gave us. We took Communion altogether before eating some cookies and chatting until about 11:30pm!

Saturday, we woke up and I got ready right away: I had a bridal brunch to go to!! Ms. Lesley and I were throwing a little party for Caitlin and I had to get out to the church to start decorating. Auntie Juliet met me there and we got started right away. The party officially began at 10:00am, and we had the best time "Sprinkling Caitlin with Love." We played games, ate good food, had a short devotion and time of prayer, and just enjoyed being with everyone!

After the shower, I stopped to get daddy a coffee and went home. We hung out in the afternoon, not really doing much, then got ready for a missions team meeting in the evening. Shannon, Jesse, Auntie Betty, and Uncle Fred came over for the meeting and to discuss our trip to Ghana in December. We can't wait to go and serve with the Gelatts! We brainstormed (and scheduled) some fundraising ideas and ate yummy double chocolate cookies daddy made!

Sunday morning, Ruth woke up early... so I got up with her and rested on the couch some more while she played. Then, after daddy got up, we ate breakfast. We had lots of time, so I sewed Ruth a doggy-print skirt to wear to church that day. Ruth took a nap, so I was able to finish it real quick. We woke her up, got ready, and scooted off to church. Daddy and I ended up working in the nursery during the service, so we colored with the kids, raced cars, ate snacks, and blew bubbles!

After church, Auntie Betty and Uncle Fred came over for lunch then we all took a LONG nap - it was needed! Daddy went out to the Church Council meeting, Ruth and I played outside, and we all ate dinner together. After putting Ruth to bed, I did some laundry and cleaned the kitchen, then read, and we crashed as well!

It was a busy, full, encouraging weekend... and in just about 4 more of them, you'll be here with us!

We love you, Clara Boo.

XOXO,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment