Monday, March 27, 2017

25 Weeks


Dear Baby Batts #2,

Today you are 25 weeks old! At about 13 inches long and 1.5 pounds, you are large and in charge! You are growing more hair (and if we had a window in my tummy, we may be able to discern a hair color!) and gaining some body fat. Your organs are still maturing. If you were born this week, there’s a really good chance that your body would be strong enough and, after a long time in the NICU, we would take you home healthy!

Of course, we want you to keep hanging out in my tummy as long as you should.

My next appointment is April 18th and after that, I think we’ll see Donna every two weeks for a couple months… and one once a week (at least!) until you come. Can’t believe we’re already at that point. You are growing so fast!

Keep it up, Clara Mae.

Today was crazy – I got to work and was about to go to a meeting when daddy texted me and said I had his truck keys… and I did! So I had to race home and deliver his keys so that he could go to his EMT ride along. I took Ruth out to Ms. Loraine’s house to play for the day. Then I stopped to see Gma Linda on my way back to work. Tonight, Memaw and Papa (who are finally home from Israel and Oregon!) are coming over for dinner and we’ll spend some much-needed time with them, too. I know they can’t wait to see how you have grown.

Okay, little girl. We love you to the mooooooon.

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment