Wednesday, March 15, 2017

23 Weeks, 2 Days


Dear Baby Batts #2,

Recently, daddy and I have been talking and praying about lots of things: his career path (EMT? Paramedic? Something else?), a mentor for him, possibly adopting internationally one day, our mission trip to Ghana in December, etc.

Today, I read a quote that seems really fitting for our current life: Prayer is not to change God’s plan but to get aligned with His will. Instead of trying to make God accept all of your plans, submit your will to His. You won’t end up stressed, confused, or in sin when you follow God’s plan instead of what looks good.”

As we pray about all the things, I’m trying to remember to pray for His will to be done, not ours. I know what we want (and I’ve told God that!) but true prayer is submission to His will as I pour out my heart to Him. It isn’t trying to convince God to do my will.

Oh baby girl, we pray for you daily. We love you and can’t wait to see you fulfill God’s plans for your life!

Love,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment