Wednesday, April 22, 2015

9 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

We are NINE WEEKS! You are now officially a fetus (but you've been a baby to us all along). You are a little miracle, growing away.

Your daddy and I love watching videos together of your development. We lay in bed sometimes, watching video after video. Sometimes I just look at our little photo of you, too, dreaming about the next one we get.

Last night, we went on a date - sushi for your daddy, yakisoba for me. It was our first time out to eat on a date in a while, so we enjoyed chatting and catching up. We went to Value Village afterward, and I finally bought this book. It was quite funny - your daddy and I were walking around, holding the book, when all of a sudden, we saw one of our youth girls from church! I said, "Oh no! The book!" and shoved it behind my back real quick. Your daddy grabbed it, threw it in a basket, and covered it with something else. We were safe!

Last night, looking through the book, I started worrying about whether or not I was feeding you what you need to grow strong and healthy. As I began to cry (oh, pregnancy hormones), your daddy grabbed the book and asked me what I've been eating. It lined up perfectly with what I should be eating, so I think we're doing okay, baby. Phew.

We are planning to tell our church about you on May 10. And we realized last night that it is Mother's Day that day! I just got tickled and kept giggling about it. Normally, during the Children's Message on Mother's Day, the kids take flowers to all the mamas. Maybe I'll just stand up and get a flower that way - I think everyone will be confused at first, but if I hold my little belly, they might catch on. I can't wait to make you known.

Oh, but you are already known by the One who is knitting you together. What a delight.

Hugs and kisses,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment