Friday, April 3, 2015

6 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

On Wednesday night, I told Janelle that I'm expecting - she is visiting from Michigan with her three oldest girls. That was really special because she was a Mentor Mama in our wedding, my youth leader in high school, and a dear friend who has seven children of her own! She prayed for me, your daddy, and you as we sat there in Pastor Tom's office. I felt so blessed... and I feel so blessed even now to have such wonderful women in my life. And to know they will be in YOUR life, too!

Thursday night, I went swimming with Ms. Linda, Janelle, and her girls. The Alaska Club employee asked Janelle, "Who is with you?" and Janelle listed her three daughters. Then she asked me who was with me. I said, "No one..." then I looked at Ms. Linda and Janelle and we said, "Well..." It was funny, little one. You are with me always.

Your daddy is hard at work today, organizing our storage room at the apartment, sorting through our winter stuff and camping stuff. He is dedicated to preparing for you, baby! You'll be here in about 34 weeks... less than 8 months!

In less than one week, though, we'll have talked with the doctor about you and (hopefully) heard or seen you. Can't. Wait.

Love you to the moon,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment