Friday, April 17, 2015

8 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

I found out today that my sweet college roommate, Emily, is expecting her own little baby, too! And not only that, little one, but she is due the SAME WEEK as I am, just a few days before!

Last night was Ladies Night at Home Depot. Laura, KD, Heather, and I all went. At one point, Laura was showing pictures of Bryant to other people... and I thought briefly of pulling out my phone, finding your little picture, and showing you off, too! I can hardly imagine the surprise if I had. But we're waiting a few more weeks until we make you known like that.

Three more weeks. In the next three weeks, you will:
  • Participate with me in a drumming class
  • Go to your first FLBC Fish Fry (though we won't eat any of the halibut - sad day!)
  • Travel on an airplane
  • Meet your Great Grandpa, Great Aunt, and Great Uncle in Kingman, AZ
  • Go to a work conference in Atlanta, GA
  • Eat Chick-Fil-A
  • And have another ultrasound!
I'm already so excited to see you again and hear your heartbeat. It's been just over a week since we saw you last, but you're now half an inch in length, head to tail. Your arms and legs are getting stronger and this week, you start wiggling around in me!

I can't wait to feel you moving. People have said it is the best feeling... but I bet it's nothing compared to feeling your weight in my arms in November.

I love you, sweet Baby Batts.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment