Friday, April 24, 2015

9 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

You sent me home from work early today, after I got sick in the morning and was unable to pull it together. I lasted half a day of working on my KPIs, checking email, and updating ShareSuccess before I threw in the towel. Praise the Lord, my boss is understanding - his wife just had their second child this spring - and he agreed wholeheartedly to send me home.

I napped for two and a half hours. It was delightful.

And then we got a call that your great grandma Charlotte had suffered a major heart attack and passed. Your daddy was so sad and I was so unsure how to comfort him. Your great grandma was so excited to meet you this winter, but we know that she will be seeing you some day. In the meantime, we will tell you all about her love of music and reading, how she had long curly hair, how she ate like a bird but loved like an elephant.

Life is sometimes messy and scary, little one. But God is always good.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment