Saturday, April 25, 2015

9 Weeks, 3 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

It was a week of loss. In addition to great grandma Charlotte passing, a sweet lady from our church - Ms. Vadace - passed this week, too. Today was her memorial service. We celebrated her life and the woman of God that she is. We rejoice in knowing she is with Him today.

After her Celebration of Life, I was pulled aside by a woman who attends Fairview Loop with us. She said, "Every time I see you, I think, 'Baby! Baby! Baby!' Is there something that I need to know or that you aren't telling us?" And I looked at her (I'm sure wide-eyed!) and just zipped my lips and reached out to zip her lips, too. Then it was her turn to look shocked! I whispered in her ear, "I'm due in November. But do not say a word to anyone! Please! We are telling the church on Mother's Day."

I can't believe someone could guess about you like that! Granted, I know I've not quite been myself lately - nauseous, tired, pale, etc.... but to be able to guess like that?! Wow.

In other news, your daddy flew out today to be with his family. Great grandma's service is on Tuesday and I'm sad you and I can't be there, baby, to support your daddy during this time. I was desperately sad and worried that something would happen while he is gone - on flights, on the ground, anywhere - and didn't want him to leave.

But the Lord is reminding me to trust. That He has a plan and it is good. That I don't have to fear for your daddy, for you, for anything because I can trust in Him instead. Praise Him!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment