Friday, May 26, 2017

33 Weeks, 4 Days

Dear Baby Batts #2,

Today is my birthday! Mimi and Papa left today for Oregon, I cried, Daddy and I got coffee and went for a drive with Ruthie, and we had College and Career Bible study!

We celebrated last night, so our only big thing today was having peach cobbler with our small group. It. Was. Delicious. Your daddy is the best baker ever!

I'm 29 now; almost 30! I don't know where I expected to be at age 29... honestly, I don't know that I ever thought of it. But here's where our family is now, at this age:
  • We own a house (well, the bank does... but we're working on it!)
  • One baby on the outside and one (you!) on the inside
  • A healthy emergency fund
  • A good job that more than meets our needs
  • A loving local church
  • Friends who are like family
In the last year, this is what has happened:
  • We bought a house
  • We found out you were coming
  • We went to Hawaii
  • We celebrated our first Christmas with just our little family
In the next year, this is what we anticipate happening:
  • You!!
  • Praying more about adoption and preparing to move forward with it
  • Mission trip to Ghana
  • Christmas in Oregon
I hope, Clara, that you dream big for every year of your life. Find your passion and pursue it regularly. Don't be fearful. Be brave in the Lord.

I love you.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment