Wednesday, May 3, 2017

30 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts #2,

Today was your 30 week appointment! You are measuring at 32 weeks (a little big, but not too bad) and your heart rate is 147 BPM. You sound strong and healthy. Donna said everything seemed just fine. Maybe you'll come early, since you're measuring big. But maybe you'll be 10 days late, like Ruth. We'll wait and see, Clara Boo!

Ruth has started a new habit: if I sit down on the floor, she pulls my shirt up to expose my belly, where you currently reside. Then she hugs it, says "Baby!", and blows you raspberries. My belly ends up covered in her spit, but I love how she loves you already. I think she's starting to understand that "There's a baby in mommy's tummy!" We call you by name - "Baby Clara." And hopefully when you arrive, she'll be excited to see you.

Oh, Clara - I hope and pray that you have a strong and healthy relationship with your sister. I pray the two of you like to stay up late talking and laughing, sharing secrets and sharing clothes. I pray you stand up for each other, and tease each other in love, and give good advice. I pray you serve the Lord together.

Our family is not complete without you, little lady. Can't wait to meet you soon!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment