Friday, May 12, 2017

31 Weeks, 4 Days

Dear Baby Batts #2,

Last night, daddy and I started our wood stove installation project! We took a quick trip to Lowes (and Cold Stone for ice cream for Papa and Memaw and Daddy) then we took the outlets out and started putting blank covers on the holes so that we can cement board over them. Papa helped.

Papa and Memaw had some nervous energy last night - they were waiting for word on whether or not their counter-offer was accepted by the people wanting to buy their house... and it was!! Memaw and Papa have sold their house. Hooray!

I did my own final walk through of it yesterday. So many memories there. But the memories are really with the people, not the space. I was so thankful that the Lord allows us to look back and reflect, but requires that we keep moving forward. I spent angtsy teenage years in that upstairs bedroom... but I also got to put your sister to sleep in that bedroom several times for naps. I spent many mornings getting ready for work in that downstairs bathroom... and got ready there the night daddy and I got engaged and the morning of our wedding. I spent countless summer hours sitting on the back porch reading... and when I broke my leg, I drank coffee out there with daddy.

I pray our house - the house(s) where you grow up - hold sweet memories as you reflect back on them.

I love you more than any house.

Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment