Friday, July 31, 2015

23 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

What a crazy week it has been! Between Lola's passing, bad news at the midwife, being away from home for five days, your daddy's truck's brakes not being fixed, going live with new software at work, and the regular rain, a little weekend break is very welcome. I'm so thankful that it's Friday, that tomorrow, we get to sleep in and just relax most of the day, that the weather is sunny again.

Some things for which I am grateful this week:

1. Charlie, a student in our college small group, brought me the LARGEST coffee I have ever seen when he came to my office building this week to pick up an application! It was blended caramel goodness and so huge that I couldn't even finish it! I'm so thankful for the opportunity the Lord has given us to love on these kids, Ruth, and I can't wait for you to meet them. I have a feeling you'll love having them over on Fridays as much as your daddy and I do.
Yummmmmmmmmmmm
2. You are going to be one well-dressed babe, Ruthie! A student at your daddy's work gifted us a bag of clothes recently and a sweet sister-friend of mine sent you the cutest onesies and ruffley pants this week. Your daddy and I are constantly in awe of how blessed we are. 
Your clothes are taking over our apartment!
 3. Today, I'm thankful for the sunshine and warmth as Memaw and I walked around the Friday Fling. But I do love the rain, especially when it brings mysterious clouds that cover our mountains like veils.
Covered mountains this week.
4. A coworker texted me after she left work one day - she had stopped at a thrift store and saw this darling cradle. We'd been looking for something smaller than a full-size crib for your first few months, and for $30, I knew this would be perfect! It can rock or be stationary and will fit in your daddy's and mine bedroom perfectly until we move you into your nursery. We've picked out a new color to paint it - kind of a blue / gray / purple color that will match the rug I made you much better than this cherry red.
Your new cradle!
5. I found out that Memaw's employee, Bob, is expecting a baby with his wife, Yasinta! Yasinta recently moved here from Africa and is so sweet. I'm really excited for them and - who knows?! - maybe we can have African play dates in the future with them. Bob and  Yasinta have a farm and grow some of the largest zucchinis ever. When I saw Yasinta at the Friday Fling today, we talked babies and pregnancy and how to get over morning sickness. Then, she gave us a huge bag of veggies and said I needed to eat them for you :) You will love them, little one. I'm going to brainstorm a present for them this weekend - she's due in March, so maybe a lightweight blanket or a little toy.

6. Both Caitlin and Juliet are back from vacation and were at Bible study Wednesday night! I missed those ladies, Ruthie, and am so glad they are home.

7. We are doing a school supplies drive at church and our collection box is already overflowing! I can't wait to see how much we get. Your daddy and I will be out of town (if I'm cleared to fly) the day of the give away - August 15th - but Memaw is going to be there to help. She loves stuff like this as much as (or more so than!) I do. I think I got it from her. I hope, little one, that we are able to instill in you that same level of love and caring for other people.

Deep breath. In spite of life, the Lord is good. He is faithful and His name is to be praised. I'm thankful for big things (like cradles and coffees and bags of baby clothes) and small things (like friends returning and sunny days and fresh veggies) that He blesses us with. May our growing family always be careful to honor Him above all else.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment