Friday, July 17, 2015

21 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

It's official! Everyone knows you're a girl and that your name is Ruth. Here was the announcement I posted on Facebook and Instagram today:
I love your ultrasound pictures!

Your Papa texted Memaw something about "Baby Ruth" and that made Memaw think of the Baby Ruth candy bar - which I hadn't even considered! Of course, I had to go buy some mini ones! For the record, we did NOT name you after a candy bar... but I DID eat one last night and it was delicious. I guess my aversion to chocolate is mostly gone.

I've felt you moving so much the last couple of days. About an hour or so after I eat, you start moving around. If I bend over at the waist, you give me a nudge. But even if I'm driving and singing to the radio, or sitting in a meeting, or doing anything, your little prods are there reminding me that you are, too.

Your daddy sent me this sweet video on Facebook last week. I almost teared up, it was so sweet. I love the idea of you talking to me and telling me about YOUR day, just as I write you letters and tell you about mine. Some day, I hope we have a great relationship where we've transcended the mom/daughter sphere and are friends, too. 

Oh I love you, Ruth. To the moon and back.

Love,
Mama

PS - Here's a picture of the cookies I baked to celebrate YOU! They were a hit at work and at church!
Yummy pink sugar cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment