Sunday, July 12, 2015

20 Weeks, 4 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

Today, Memaw and I went to Target after church to buy me some new sandals. While we were there, we perused the baby things... and I got so giddy thinking that tomorrow, we'll know what we can buy for you!

Several people have put in their guesses and so far, everyone says girl. I *honestly* just want you to be healthy right now.

I've been measuring small at my appointments, so I can't wait to see your little body, hear your strong heartbeat, and feel you moving inside me while I watch you on the screen. Last night, I put my hand on my tummy and felt you move from the inside and the outside for the first time yet. It was so surreal - like, how could these little kicks inside of my really be my baby, the one who will make me a mama? And how amazing that six months ago, you didn't even exist?

You are a miracle, little one. Your heart, your brain, your limbs and fingernails. Every inch of you is a miracle, a gift from above.

I can't wait to see you on that screen tomorrow, and then again in my arms in about 20 weeks.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment