Wednesday, May 27, 2015

14 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

Today we are 14 weeks! Your little body is growing and moving more and more. You're about the size of my fist now and your face is more expressive. You can even suck your thumb! I sucked on two of my finger when I was a little girl. I don't know what your daddy did, but it will be fun to see your coping mechanisms develop.

We went to church last night and I showed Juliet a video of your development this week. She is already working on some little projects for you. I know you'll love having her as an auntie. Betty said last night, too, that she thinks you're a little girl - she said, "Every time I picture the baby, I can only picture a girl!" Your daddy thinks you're a girl, too... but we'll (maybe) find out for sure in July!

I keep vacillating between whether or not we want to find out! Your daddy said last night that I'll probably keep waffling until we actually find out - I think he's right. He knows me so well.

Tomorrow night, we are having a date night to celebrate my birthday. I think we're just staying home and watching a movie. I'll work on your little rug for your bedroom. Juliet and I picked out rug fabric colors that match the Dr. Seuss world map canvas print we bought for you. Ms. Carley taught me how to make the rugs (her husband Mr. Dwight made them before he passed into eternity) and I'm so excited to pass that art onto you one day!

Your daddy's car also broke down yesterday (twice!) and we had to have it towed home. We aren't sure what's wrong with it, but hopefully it won't be a hard or expensive fix! In the meantime, we are sharing the Jeep. Your daddy bought me a "Young Jeepers on Board" sticker that we put on the back window. I can't wait until we install your car seat... and get to put you back there!

Keep growing, little babe. We got big things to look forward to!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment