Friday, May 22, 2015

13 Weeks, 2 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

It was a beautiful day for a graduation! The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, and it was warm outside. (Yesterday it rained all day, so we were very glad the weather shifted!) I even got to sit next to my friend Andrea during the ceremony, which was nice - she is the one I got to know best during my schooling.

Walking across the stage to accept my "diploma" and shake hands with Johns Hopkins staff was really neat. I just grinned the whole time, I'm sure. You daddy, Memaw, and Papa were there, and so were Aunt Dana and Ryan, to cheer me on.

After the ceremony, we went to a reception and the campus book store. I bought you a little JHU hat. Not that I want you to feel pressured to attend JHU (because I really don't), but because we thought it was adorable. I also got a hat, and so did Papa. We'll take one all together after your arrival this fall.

Tomorrow your daddy and I are driving to Michigan. Can't wait for our little roadtrip!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment