Sunday, May 24, 2015

13 Weeks 4 Days

Dear Baby Batts,

We are in Michigan with dear friends. It is So. Good. to be with them. Every time your daddy and I see them, we feel encouraged and edified and we pray they feel the same during our time there.

The wife gave me lots of advice about you:
  • Three days or so after delivery, I'll probably get depressed as my hormones balance back out.
  • I have to take time to care for myself and my marriage.
  • Don't let my kids become idols.
These parents have a great approach to raising their seven children. They let the kids be kids, but they hold them to high standards. They don't drop everything when a child calls or comes in to talk to them; if they are carrying on a conversation, they don't allow the child to interrupt whenever they want. But they are generous with hugs, kisses, and "I love you"s.

The kids play independently and collectively. They watch movies. They play the piano, guitar, and drums. They fight. They work it out.

Oh little one, as you come and our family grows (Lord willing) in the future, I hope that we are a family that shines the Lord's light to others.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment