Wednesday, May 20, 2015

13 Weeks

Dear Baby Batts,

13 Weeks! We are entering the second trimester. You are growing and growing - the size of my fist now! Your brain is developing and you can move your little body around. Your face is more expressive and you can even suck your thumb this week!

When I was a little girl, I would suck on two of my fingers. I'm not sure what your daddy did, but it will be fun to see your little coping mechanisms!

I still haven't felt you moving inside me yet, but I'm excited for when that time comes. Could be any day now, if I pay good enough attention!

At church tonight, I showed Juliet a video of your development. She is working on some special projects for you already - she's going to be an awesome auntie for you. Betty said she thinks you're a little girl (and that's what your daddy thinks, too!) but we'll (maybe) find out in July for sure. I keep vacillating between whether or not I want us to find out. It might be fun to have a surprise... and it might be fun to find out and plan for you better.

Tomorrow your daddy and I are having a date night to celebrate my birthday. I think we're going to watch a movie and I'll work on the rug for your bedroom. We picked out colors to match a canvas print we bought of a Dr. Seuss world map. I hope you grow to love them.

We've already grown to love you!
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment