Thursday, May 14, 2015

12 Weeks, 1 Day

Dear Baby Batts,

You are TWELVE WEEKS! How delightful, little one, to know that you are growing strong and healthy. Your little fingernails are all formed and soon you'll be able to open and close those 10 little fingers. Your brains is forming synapsis, making connections to things, preparing for you to become a baby genius. You are about the size of a kiwi or a large plum - over 2 inches from crown to rump and about half an ounce in weight. You're even making white blood cells right now to fight off germs in the many years to come.

I'm so proud of you, for how you are growing away, wriggling away.

Last night, at Bible study, I gushed to my ladies about how the Lord sees you... right where you are. He sees you now - tiny and delicate. But He also sees where you will be in 1 year, 10 years, 100 years. Praise Him!

I can't see you at all - I walk by faith that you are still growing. But the Lord sees you. He sees your eyes, your little nose, your hands and knees. He sees your brain growing and your heart pumping. He sees all of you.

That just delights my heart. I don't have to worry about you, baby. Not now and not ever... though my mommy mind knows I will! The Lord sees you. He upholds you with His righteous right hand. He takes great delight in you.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment