Friday, July 14, 2017

40 Weeks, 4 Days

Dear Baby Batts #2,

Overwhelmed. Exhausted. Weak. That's how I feel right now.

I've been cramping for over two weeks and finally felt a few contractions last night, but nothing big or consistent. They've now tapered off completely and we're back to square one.

I trust that the Lord has a plan, but Clara, I can't see it and that's so frustrating.

I was reading in 2 Samuel this morning and got to 7:28-29. It says, "O Sovereign Lord, You are God! Your words are trustworthy, and You have promised these good things to Your servant. Now be pleased to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue forever in Your sight; for You, O Sovereign Lord, have spoken, and with Your blessing the house of Your servant will be blessed forever."

So what words of God's are trustworthy?

  • Psalm 139:16 "Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be."
  • Isaiah 43:1 "But now, this is what the Lord says - He who created you, O Jacob, He who formed you, O Israel: 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are Mine."
  • Jeremiah 9:23-24 "This is what the Lord says, 'Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he undertones and knows Me, that I am the Lord who exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight.'"
  • Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.'"
  • Isaiah 55:8- "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."
  • Mark 5:36 "Ignoring what they said, Jesus told the synagogue ruler, "Don't be afraid; just believe.'"
  • Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you."
Lord, I choose to trust You. In these last days of Clara's pregnancy, I choose to trust in Your words. 

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment